What Should You Expect During the Water Mitigation Process?
Keep in mind, every water damage situation is different from the other and may require a unique process. Below is the general water damage restoration process:
- Safety is Priority: Before taking any other step, ensure your security. Disconnect all the water resources and power resources. Doing so will stop further water damage and prevent safety issues.
- Call the Experts: Now that you have taken the immediate safety precautions, it is time to call an expert water removal service in New Rochelle, NY. The selected team must be able to handle leaks and damage. No matter how severe and visible the cause is, identifying the hidden water damage is the key. If you think you can call a plumber and do it yourself, you are wrong!
- Inspection: Upon its arrival, the team will inspect your water damaged property. The certified professionals are proficient at determining the water damage type as well as affected areas. To create an effective water removal plan, this step is critical.
- Constructing Restoration Plan: Depending upon the water damage extent, the experts provide the best possible way to restore your property to its beautiful original condition.
- Water Removal or Extraction: With the help of powerful pumps and vacuums, hundreds and thousands of water gallons are removed quickly and easily. The ideal water damage restoration service will start this process as soon as possible in order to minimize any further damage.
- Dehumidifying: With the help of professional and modern drying equipment, the affected area is dried. The inspection team looks for mold growth in suspicious areas. After completely dehumidifying the affected rooms to normal levels, the area is disinfected and sanitized for better safety.
- Deep Cleaning: Water damage not only affects your property but also your belongings. This includes clothing, furniture, flooring, and other personal belongings. With the help of antimicrobial treatments and industrial air scrubbers, the bad odor and dirt are completely removed. This step also includes carpet and rug cleaning. According to some major carpet manufacturers, professional cleaning is the best care for your carpets and rugs after flood damage. There are a variety of cleaning methods offered by our service such as steam cleaning, dry foam cleaning, shampoo cleaning, and dry absorbent cleaning.
- The Final Restoration of Water Mitigation: After the entire water mitigation process, restoring your property is the last step. It is a process which includes:
- A few drywall panel replacements.
- Some major reconstruction (rebuilding specific areas or room).
- Carpet pad replacement and carpet installation.
Also, the experts inspect the area after water removal to ensure everything is properly dried and humidity levels are back to normal.
One More Step - Mold Check-Up
Mold growth is the most common after-effect of any flood situation. Mold spores only need food, water, warm temperature, and air to grow. After flood damage, these spores land and start reproducing in areas of your house where these 4 things are available. Mold can cause significant health issues such as:
- Skin allergies.
- Eye infections.
- Flu, cough, etc.
Right after water damage restoration in New Rochelle, NY, mold inspection should be your next immediate step.
Some of the necessary steps taken by the professional water removal service include:
- Immediate mold inspection right after water damage restoration.
- Next, the hidden source of water is identified and our team fixes the problem.
- The team set up the contaminated area to prevent mold-spreading, and prepare the equipment.
- If the affected building material (drywall, wallpapers, insulation) is porous, the experts will remove it.
- Next step is to clean and sanitize the area.
Wrapping It Up
When it comes to water damage restoration in New Rochelle, NY, you need to make the right choice at the right time. Tulip Carpet Cleaning New Rochelle knows exactly how to assess the situation.
You can call us at 914-380-7211 to get the help you deserve. We are just one phone call away. Your peace of mind is our responsibility!